Running multiple support sites from one GFI HelpDesk instance
This article is useful in case you are looking to provide support to your clients using different user interfaces, but want to have a single installation and Admin/Staff CP (Control Panel) for your staff.
For example, you wish that your clients can submit tickets or initiate the chat accessing different URLs :
Your staff have to assist using one backend, that is, Admin/Staff CP by accessing Products Admin (
http://products.com/admin) and Products Staff (
This can be achieved with the help of multi-domain concept. In this case:
- The domain which is used as a product URLUniform Resource Locator is the address of a web page on the world wide web. in the help desk is called the primary domain (http://products.com/).
- Any other domain which is used to access the help desk using a different template group is called secondary domain (http://productA.com/ or http://productB.com/).
- With the download subscription model, you can use unlimited domains for one license. Also, setting up multi-domain is not possible on SaaS.
The installation of the primary domain is a normal procedure. For the secondary domain, you need to perform the following steps:
- Place the product files in the document root of the website to be used as a secondary domain.
__/swift/config/config.phpand add the database access details of the database being used at the primary domain in it. It means that the database which is used at the primary domain must be accessible through MySQL-CLI from the server, which is used for secondary installation.
- Place the license key in the document root of the secondary domain. You do not require the license key for the secondary domain.
- Create the template groups in the primary domain, which is to be linked with the secondary domain.
- Make the changes in the config.php file (on the secondary domains), by specifying the template group name.
* SWIFT TEMPLATE GROUP
* Can be used for multi-point installations. Use this to specify a custom
template group to load for this installation.
In the above example, the default is the template group name of primary installation.