How to configure Kerio Operator to connect to sipgate.com
Learn how to connect Kerio Operator to a SIPSession Initiation Protocol - A communication protocol used for voice and video calls in Internet telephony or private IP telephone systems. account with sipgate.com.
This information is designed for Kerio Operator 2.3.5 and older. For more information about creating and configuring a SIP interfaceAn external interface used for connecting to SIP providers. in later versions, see Connecting to VoIP service providers.
Before starting this procedure, ensure you have:
- Your telephone number, as provided by Sipgate. To find the number, log in to Sipgate administration interface at www.sipgate.com and go to Settings.
- The SIP-ID of your SIP account. You can locate this in the Sipgate administration interface, click Settings > SIP Credential, the SIP-ID will then be displayed. For example,
- The SIP-ID (not the telephone number) is the most important identifier you require in order to connect over SIP. The SIP-Password for your SIP account. This password is usually of the form
- Log in to the administration interface of your Kerio Operator and navigate to the Call Routing screen.
- Click Add a SIP Interface.
- Enter a description for the interface name. For example,
- Choose the option New provider and enter your telephone number.
With sipgate, it is not significant whether you include
1at the beginning of the number or not.
- Click Next.
- Choose the extension to receive incoming calls to and enter the prefixCountry codes, area codes, a number, or a set of numbers that are dialed before the telephone numbers. that will be used to dial out. For example,
- Click Next.
sipgate.comas the SIP registrar/proxy hostname.
- Enter your sipgate SIP-ID as the authentication name and the SIP-Password as the password.
- Ensure Must register with the Registrar or Proxy is checked.
- Check User ID differs from the telephone number and enter your SIP-ID in the User ID field. This is the part where Sipgate differs from most SIP providers who prefer to use the telephone number as the SIP user ID.
- Click Finish. Your sipgate connection is now configured.
You can now test the configuration by placing some calls to your telephone number. This will verify that your SIP connection is working correctly.