How to configure Kerio Operator to connect to OrbTalk
This information is designed for Kerio Operator 2.3.5 and older. For more information about creating and configuring a SIP interfaceAn external interface used for connecting to SIP providers. in later versions, see Connecting to VoIP service providers.
Learn how to configure connect Kerio Operator to OrbTalk using a SIPSession Initiation Protocol - A communication protocol used for voice and video calls in Internet telephony or private IP telephone systems. truck.
Before starting this procedure, ensure you have:
- Your telephone number.
- The user-name and password of the SIP account.
- The SIP Domain
- If you have a firewall, make sure the SIP (
UDPUser Datagram Protocol - Ensures packet transmission. 5060 – 5090) and RTP (
UDP 6000 – 65535) ports are open and properly routed to Kerio Operator. Kerio Operator requires that ports
UDP 10000 - 19999internally are open.
- Log in to the administration interface of your Kerio Operator and navigate to the Call Routing screen.
- Click Add a SIP Interface.
- Enter a description for the interface name. For example,
- Choose the option New provider and enter your telephone number. For example,
- Click Next.
- Choose the extension to receive incoming calls and enter the prefixCountry codes, area codes, a number, or a set of numbers that are dialed before the telephone numbers. that will be used to dial out.
- Click Next.
- Enter the SIP registrar/proxy hostname.
5060in the Port Number.
- Enter your OrbTalk User Name as the authentication name and the SIP-Password as the password.
Typically the username will follow the format of
IPT-<country code and telephone number>. For example,
- Ensure Must register with the Registrar is checked.
- Enable User ID differs from the telephone number, this will also be your User Name.
- Click Finish.
Your OrbTalk connection is now configured