How to configure Kerio Operator to connect to Megapath
This information is designed for Kerio Operator 2.3.5 and older. For more information about creating and configuring a SIP interfaceAn external interface used for connecting to SIP providers. in later versions, see Connecting to VoIP service providers.
Learn how to configure Kerio Operator with a Megapath SIP trunkWide range of external numbers provided by a SIP provider..
Before starting this procedure, ensure you have:
- Your telephone number(s).
- The User-Name of the SIPSession Initiation Protocol - A communication protocol used for voice and video calls in Internet telephony or private IP telephone systems. account.
- The password for the SIP account.
- The host or IP of the SIP registration server (usually an EdgeMarc device).
- Log in to the administration interface of your Kerio Operator and navigate to the Call Routing screen.
- Click Add a SIP Interface.
- Enter a description for the interface name. For example,
- Choose the option New provider and enter your telephone number(s). For example,
- Click Next.
- Choose the extension to receive incoming calls and an optional outgoing prefixCountry codes, area codes, a number, or a set of numbers that are dialed before the telephone numbers..
- Click Next.
- Enter the SIP registrar/proxy hostname (e.g.
- Keep the default port number,
- Enter the username and password values as provided to you by Megapath.
- Ensure Must register with the Registrar is checked.
- Enable User ID differs from the telephone number, and specify the same value as your username
- Click Finish.
- Edit your newly created SIP interface and from the Advanced menu enable Use SIP user ID in REGISTER request only option.