How to configure Kerio Operator to connect to Breezz (NL)
Learn how to configure Kerio Operator to connect to the Dutch provider Breezz.
This information is designed for Kerio Operator 2.4 and newer.
Before starting this procedure, ensure you have:
- The telephone number assigned to you by Breezz. The number will include the Netherlands’ international country code (without
+at the beginning). For example,
31718123456. In the configuration, the phone number is also used as an authentication name.
- The password for your SIPSession Initiation Protocol - A communication protocol used for voice and video calls in Internet telephony or private IP telephone systems. account.
- Log in to the administration interface of Kerio Operator.
- Go to Advanced Options, tab General and set the SIP User-Agent string to Kerio Operator. Breezz will not let you register with the Asterisk PBXPrivate Branch Exchange - System that connects telephone extensions and switches calls. string.
- Go to the Call Routing screen.
- Click Add a SIP Interface.
- In the first screen, enter the interface name (for example,
Breezz-NL), choose the option New provider and enter your telephone number (
31718123456as per our example).
- Click Next.
- Choose the extension to receive incoming calls and enter the prefixCountry codes, area codes, a number, or a set of numbers that are dialed before the telephone numbers. that will be used to dial out. For example,
- Click Next.
sip.sipnl.netto the Domain (IP address/hostname).
- Enter your telephone number (
31718123456) as the username.
- Enter your SIP passwordA password for authenticating provided by a SIP provider..
- Ensure Require to register is checked.
- Click Next to go to the Summary screen.
- Verify the information and click Finish.
- Double-click the interface you have just created to edit the order of codecs.
- Move G.711 A-law and G.711 U-law to the top. It is recommended to this because Breezz now supports G.726 and the translation from G.711 to G.726 reduces the audio quality noticeably. If your phones support G.726 you may leave the codec order as it is and use G.726 for the whole call path (phone < > Operator < > Breezz).
You are now ready to place and receive calls.