Connecting Kerio Operator to NEXCO Networks
This information is designed for Kerio Operator 2.3.5 and older. For more information refer to Connecting to VoIP service providers.
You can configure a SIP trunkWide range of external numbers provided by a SIP provider. with NEXCO Networks for dialing to the public telephone network. This topic describes the necessary configuration in Kerio Operator.
After setting up an account with NEXCO Networks, you should be given the following information from the provider:
- The telephone number (or numbers) assigned to you.
- Trunk # (sometimes referred to as User Name or User ID).
- Server IP or Domain. For example,
This information is required in the configuration as described below.
- Log in to the web administration interface of Kerio Operator.
- Go to Configuration > Call Routing.
- Click Add a SIPSession Initiation Protocol - A communication protocol used for voice and video calls in Internet telephony or private IP telephone systems. Interface.
- Enter an interface name (e.g. "NEXCO”).
- Choose New provider and enter your telephone number (you may need to add a
1at the beginning of the telephone number). Use a comma to separate multiple phone numbers.
- Click Next.
- Choose the extension to receive incoming calls.
- Enter a dial out prefixCountry codes, area codes, a number, or a set of numbers that are dialed before the telephone numbers. if necessary.
- Click Next.
- Specify the hostname provided by NEXCO Networks (media1.nexconetworks.net) and the default port 5060.
- Specify the Username (Trunk #) and Password (Password) values as provided by NEXCO Networks.
- Enable User ID differs from the telephone number and enter your NEXCO Networks Trunk # (the same number that is in the Username field).
- Enable the option Register with registrar.
- Click Finish.
- In order to transmit the correct CallerID information on outbound calls you must edit the interface that you’ve just created by doing the following:
- Select the interface you just created (e.g. NEXCO) and click Edit.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Check the box Use SIP user ID in REGISTER request only.
- Click OK to save.