Editing automated email message text
All automated emails in helpdesk can be personalized according to the needs of an organization.
With the availability of different language phrases it becomes handy to modify the content of automated emails such as autoresponder, registration email, survey email.
This topic details the use of available language phrases to customize the various types of Automated Email text.
Language phrases of a particular language can be modified as follows:
- Navigate to admin Interface > Languages > Search.
- Enter the text (of an automated email) that you want to search, or its identifier.
- Select the type, language within which you want to search the query, and click Search.
- On search, you get a page with two Text Areas:
- The Upper Text Areas shows the original content of the searched language phrase which cannot be edited.
- The Lower Text Area also shows the same content (if it is not modified before).
- Enter or update the content in the Lower Text Area and click Update.
The language phrases associated with various types of automated email messages which could be customized are listed below.
The users receive a registration email with their profile details (including their password), once they register. There are two different registration emails:
- One that is dispatched when a user registers from Client Interface manually.
- Other when a client is registered automatically when they submit a ticket for the very first time.
- The two different language phrases are listed below:
registersuccessemail- This is used when a user registers from Client Interface.
registerwelcomeemail- This is used when a user is registered automatically in help desk when they submit a ticket for the first time.
It is dispatched as an acknowledgment to the ticket creator confirming the receipt of the ticket in the help desk. Autoresponder email phrases include:
The Survey email is sent to the user asking for their rating and feedback when their ticket is moved to Closed status (provided Send satisfaction survey email option is enabled, under Admin Interface > Tickets > Statuses > Closed > Options).
Languages phrases used in Survey email are:
Auto Close mechanism is used to update the customers informing them that you are waiting for their response on the respective ticket, and further, to mark the ticket as resolved after defined hours.
If you have an active Auto Close rule in your help desk, your users receive ticket inactivity (Auto Close pending) and closure (Auto Close final) notification emails respective to rule criteria.
Language phrases include:
The final language phrases include:
It is sent if you have enabled Registration Required option under Email Queue settings for an email queue (Admin Interface > Email Parser > Email Queues > select the email queue > Ticket Options). Language phrases used in this email are:
For information about modifying the variables included in automated emails, see customizing notification email templates.