Generating and adding a live chat button to website
You can add GFI HelpDesk live chat to any and as many of your company's websites as you like. The admin control panel allows you to customize and generate a block of code that you can then drop into your website's source code.
The topic details the process to generate and add a live chat button to a website.
- Administrator Account
- Use the live support tag generator permission
To generate and add a Live Chat button, follow the steps listed below:
- Sign in to the admin control panel.
- Click Tag Generator in the sidebar.
- Leave the Live Support Channel dropdown set to 'Chat.'
- From the Tag Type section, choose the style of live chat button you want to generate – button, badge, or a plain-text link.Note:
The last tag type is for tracking visitors.
- Click the Next button up top.
- In the Routing Options section, you can choose particular departments or skills to route chats to, when they come in through this button.
- Under General Options, you can enable SSLSecure Sockets Layer - A protocol that ensures integral and secure communication between networks., choose which template group your live chat button belongs to, or turn the chat form on or off.
- At the bottom of the form, you can use the Insert Variable and Insert Staff Alert buttons to pass information to GFI HelpDesk Desktop, when a staff member accepts a chat.
- Before you generate your code block, switch to the Customize tab.
- Here, you can customize the appearance of your button or badge.
- When you've finished, click the Generate Tag button.
- The next page displays the code block for your customized live chat button, as well as a preview of what the button or badge looks like
- Select the entire code block and copy it.
- Paste it into the source code of any page in your websites where you want live chat to appear. NOTE:
Do not edit the code block directly. If you need to change the function or appearance of the live chat button, we recommend generating a new tag.