Controlling Traffic based on Users and Groups
After reviewing the traffic patterns of the users, it may be necessary to implement optimization policies to ensure a positive user experience for key applications or traffic types. By limiting the traffic usage for a specific group of users, network availability can be increased for other user groups.
Active Directory must be configured before optimization policies can target specific users and groups. For more information refer to Integrate with Active Directory.
Optimize Traffic Based on Users and Groups
Create policies that affect the traffic based on the source or destination host.
- On your browser, open the Exinda Web UI (
- Key-in the User and Password.
- Click Login.
- Click Configuration > Optimizer > Policies.
- Type a name for the policy.
- Set the required bandwidth and acceleration parameters.
- In the Filter Rules area, select the network user or network group object in the Host source and destination fields, and specify the ToS/DSCPDifferentiated Services Code Point or Application traffic to be affected.
- Click Create New Policy.
Once the desired policies are in place on all Exinda appliances, restart the Optimizer. On the appliance status bar, click Restart.