Install the Exinda AD Connector
To integrate Active Directory with the Exinda Appliance, you need to install the Exinda AD Connector service on a Windows server that can then connect to the Active Directory server. Each Exinda AD Connector can talk to up to 20 Exinda appliances.
You can download the Active Directory Connector from the Configuration > System > Network > Active Directory tab on the Exinda Appliance. Click on the Microsoft Installer Executable link and save the installer to a location that can be accessed by all Windows servers in the network.
- The Exinda AD Connector is supported on the following platforms:
- Windows Server 2003 SP2 - When the Active Directory server is running Windows Server 2003 R2, the Exinda AD Connector must be installed on the Active Directory server and cannot be installed on a remote server.
- Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- The Exinda AD Connector requires .NET Framework 4.0.
- Logon Auditing must be enabled on the Active Directory server to install the Exinda AD Connector.
- The WMI service must be started on the Active Directory server and on the server where the Exinda AD Connector is installed.
- The Active Directory server and the server where the Exinda AD Connector is installed require the RPC Endpoint Mapper and LDAP ports open in your firewall. These ports are open by default. To verify your settings, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179442.