Example: How to create a custom application based on the HTTPS protocol
Get the common name of the (https) SaaS site and create an application using the ssl L7layer 7, the application layer of the OSI signature with the common name.
- Go to the site that you are interested in.
- In the address bar of most browsers, click on https or the lock symbol.
- Show the certificate details.
- Copy the common name shown in the certificate details.
- Go to Configuration > Objects > Applications.
- In the L7 Signature field, select 'ssl --->'
- In the field beside the L7 Signature, select common name.
- Enter the common name of the site that you got from the certificate in the browser.