Upgrading from GFI WebMonitor 2015
This section describes how to upgrade a GFI WebMonitor 2015 or higher installation to the latest version while retaining all settings.
Important notes when upgrading
- Follow these notes and instructions to upgrade your current GFI WebMonitor installation to the latest version while retaining all settings.
- GFI WebMonitor version 11 and later only supports installation in a 64-bit machine. An upgrade is not possible in a 32-bit machine and a new installation in a supported environment is required.
- Upgrade is not reversible; you cannot downgrade to a previously installed version.
- During upgrade, GFI WebMonitor services and its functionalities are stopped.
- Check that the machine you are installing GFI WebMonitor on meets the latest version's system and hardware requirements.
- Log on as or use an account with administrative privileges.
- Save any pending work and close all open applications on the machine.
- Click Download Upgrade above to download the latest build on the server where GFI WebMonitor is currently installed.
- Download the latest build of GFI WebMonitor on the server where GFI WebMonitor is currently installed. Go to http://go.gfi.com/?pageid=WebMon_Download, click Login and key in your GFI Account credentials.
- Right-click the newly downloaded installer and choose Properties. From the General tab, click Unblock and then Apply. This step is required to prevent the operating system from blocking certain actions by the installer.
- Launch the newly downloaded installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest version.
- After the installation, the GFI WebMonitor Configuration Wizard is launched automatically in a web browser.
- Test the functionality of GFI WebMonitor by monitoring some traffic. For more information refer to Verify that GFI WebMonitor is working correctly.