Why monitor and control Internet usage?
Avoid legal liability by:
- blocking access to problem sites such as gambling, pornography, and hacking
- making sure pirated software or copyrighted media are not downloaded to company computers.
Ensure that employees are always safe from the most recent online security risks:
- hidden malware
- websites that exploit software vulnerabilities
- phishing attacks that steal personal and company data
- other online threats.
Improve productivity by:
- monitoring Internet activity
- identifying problem websites and applications (social networks, news, webmail),
- filtering streaming media, categories or users
- introducing more sensible control.
- identifying any network bottlenecks (video sharing sites, online file storage and streaming media)
- applying some limits to conserve resources as necessary.