Gateway mode pre-requisites
Before installing GFI WebMonitor on an Internet GatewayA computer that has both an internal and an external network card. Internet sharing is enabled, and client machines on the internal network use this computer to access the Internet. Server, ensure that:
- Client machines are configured to use the server as the default Internet gateway.
- The server’s network cards are connected:
- one to the internal network (LANLocal Area Network.)
- one to the external network (WANWide Area Network.)
- Start Routing and Remote Access service if installing GFI WebMonitor on Windows® Server 2008 or later.
Ensure that the listening port (default 8080) is not blocked by your firewall. For more information on how to enable firewall ports on Microsoft Windows Firewall, refer to http://go.gfi.com/?pageid=WebMon_WIndowsFirewall