Setting optional call recording
Call recording is subject to special laws in many countries and may not be legal in your jurisdiction, or may require notice to the other party of the call.
In Germany and maybe in other countries you have to give callers (your customers) an option to continue without having their call recorded. This topic helps you with the following simple settings:
- Creating two call queues, one with call recording, the second without recording.
- Preparing voice prompt (something like "This call is recorded ..."). How to easily create voice files you can find out in Using PBX services topic.
- Creating simple auto attendant script which allows your customers to choose call queue without call recording.
- Recorded calls backup.
How to create and configure call queues
- In the administration interface, go to section Configuration > Call Queues.
- Open the Add Call Queue dialog and enter the extension number for the new queue on tab General (for example 400).
- Description could be Calls are recorded.
- Click on Record calls.
- Set other parameters according to the Configuring call queues topic.
- Open the Add Call Queue dialog again and enter another extension number on tab General (for example 401).
- Description could be Calls are not recorded.
- Set remaining parameters just as the first call queue.
- Do not click on Record calls.
Agents need to logged to both queues.
Now, you have two equal call queues. One of them is recorded and the other is not recorded.
How to create auto attendant script for two call queues
- In the administration interface, go to Configuration > Auto Attendant Scripts.
- Click Add.
- Enter script extension (for example 500).
- In the Edit Menu dialog, click Edit.
- Add some description (script for recorded and unrecorded call queues).
- Select prepared announcement (for example: "This phone call will be recorded. If you do not want recording your call, please, press 1 and wait for the connection.")
- Set Default action to Dial extension number and enter extension of the call queue with call recording.
- Create a new row by clicking on Add.
- Key is set to 1.
- Set Action to Dial extension number and specify the extension of the call queue without call recording.
- Click OK.
Kerio Operator can automatically backup recorded calls:
- locally — default settings
- at a remote storage
- Configure a FTPFile Transfer Protocol - A protocol for tranfering computer files from a server. or SFTP server for storing the backup. For more information refer to Configuring Remote FTP/SFTP Storage.
- In administration interface, go to Status > Recorded Calls, click Settings.
- Select Save to remote storage.
- Select a type to FTP/SFTP.
- Verify the FTP/SFTP URLThe Uniform Resource Locator is the address of a web page on the world wide web..
- Click Test Connection.