Distinctive ringing support
Kerio Operator supports setting different ring tones for different types of calls (external calls, internal calls or ringing groups).
New in Kerio Operator 2.5!
By default, Kerio Operator uses the following strings for the Alert-Info header:
operator-external(calls from an interface)
operator-queue(calls from a call queue)
operator-group(calls to a ringing group)
To configure different ring tones for your SIPSession Initiation Protocol - A communication protocol used for voice and video calls in Internet telephony or private IP telephone systems. interfaces, call queues and ringing groups, change the default string in SIP "Alert-Info" header:
- Go to Call Routing, or Call Queues, or Ringing Groups.
- In Call Routing, double-click a SIP interfaceAn external interface used for connecting to SIP providers.. In Call Queues or Ringing Groups, double-click an extension.
- Switch to the Advanced tab.
- In SIP "Alert-Info" header, change the default string.
- Click OK.
Configuring telephones (example: snom 360)
- Go to web administration of your telephone.
- Go to Setup > Preferences
- Find the alert-info settings.
- Set different ringers for different alert-info strings (see screenshot).
- Save the settings.
For testing purposes: Try to make a call from an external telephone number, from an internal extension and to ringing group.