Editing or deleting notes for a user account
When you add or create a user account in GFI HelpDesk, you have the option to add a note to the user account. This note is visible in all the tickets created under that user account to the staff users only.
This means that every time a staff user is viewing a ticket from the said user account, the note is displayed on the ticket.
Notes are useful when you want to post a special message or instructions for a specific user. However, notes can get obsolete, and you may wonder how to edit or delete a note.
Deleting or editing a note for a user account requires you to go to the user's profile in GFI HelpDesk.
This topic provides instructions on how to edit or delete notes for a user account in GFI HelpDesk.
Below are the steps to edit or delete notes for a user account:
- Log in to your Staff CP (for example, https://<yourdomain>.gfihelpdesk.com/staff).
- Go the Users > Manage Users.
- Search the user account you want to manage and click on it to open the user account profile.
- Under the General tab, you can see the note(s) added to the user account. Hover your mouse on the note you wish to edit or delete.
- To edit a note, select the edit icon mceclip1.png. On the edit window, enter the new note > click Save when done.
- To delete a note, select the trash bin icon mceclip2.png. Click OK on the prompt to confirm the deletion.
- Once you are done editing or deleting the notes, click Update to save the changes.