Building your knowledge base
The Knowledge Base is a library designed to help your customers answer their own questions with standard information, how-to's, and instructions.
Your self-service resources is so helpful that your agents can help customers with more inquiries that need their personal attention.
Some of our most successful customers have grown theirs into extensive libraries by adding just one to two articles at a time.
The knowledge base is organized entirely by category for easy viewing. You can start an article with inbuild Root category or create a new category by clicking Insert Category.
Once you have established this, you can go on to do the following from this page:
- Insert a sub-category
- Insert a new article in a category
- Filter articles within a category
To create a new article:
- Click Knowledgebase on the navigation bar.
- Choose New Article.
- When you are drafting an article, remember to hit Update early and often to save your work.
- You can place this article in multiple categories, which comes in handy when you are creating multiple guides with overlapping information.
- Customers can rate and comment on knowledge base articles, which you can moderate in the admin + staff control panels.
- If you encourage your customers to do this (and you should), it becomes a valuable source of direct feedback for improving or retooling your articles.
- By default, the comments are not published to your knowledge base until a staff user approves.
- Finally, there are three things you can do with a comment: approve, reject, or mark as spam.
Use the News section to publish news and announcements for your customers to see when they log into the helpdesk.
Every time you publish a new announcement, you can have an automated email sent to every customer who subscribes to this feature.