Installing and configuring Kayako Desktop for windows (KDFW)
Each member of your team needs to install Kayako Desktop on their computer, and then connect it to your GFI HelpDesk. Then, they'll be able to monitor visitors to your website and handle customer conversations in realtime.
The installation process for Kayako Desktop is different for Windows and macOS. This topic details the installation process for Kayako Desktop on Windows.
Administrator account for Windows is a pre-requisite.
To install Kayako Desktop for Windows, follow the steps given below:
- Download Kayako Desktop for Windows.
- Open the file, and hit the Run button on the security window that appears.
- Click the I accept the terms of the License Agreement button and then click Next.
- Choose whether you'd like to add Start Menu Shortcuts or not, and then click Next.
- Select a location to install your files in the Destination Folder field.
- Click Next to begin the installation process.
- On the next screen, click the Finish button to complete the installation.
- Next, you'll see the first screen of the Kayako Desktop Setup Wizard.
- Select your language, and click the Next button.
- On the accounts screen, click the Add... button to connect to your GFI HelpDesk instance.
- In the Create New Account window that appears, add a name for your account in the Set a name for this account field.
- In the next field, enter the full URLUniform Resource Locator is the address of a web page on the world wide web. for your support site, for example,
- Check the box if you want Kayako Desktop to automatically log in to this account when you start.
- If you do choose to log in automatically, you can check the next box to set a default status for you at startup.
- In the fields in the User Credentials section, enter the username and password you use to log in to your support site.
- If you like, you can customize the tab color of your chat windows, by dragging the Tab Color slider.
- Click the OK button to finish creating your account.
- Click the Next button to go to the last screen.
- On the General Settings screen, you can select your startup options, as well as choosing your refresh interval.
- When you have your settings configured, click the Finish button to launch KDFW.
- If KDFW has connected to your support site successfully, you'll see the Online indicator in the upper-left corner of the UI.