Installing and configuring Kayako Desktop for macOS (KDFM)
Each member of your team needs to install Kayako Desktop on their computer, and then connect it to your GFI HelpDesk instance. Then, they'll be able to monitor visitors to your website and handle customer conversations in real time.
The installation process for Kayako Desktop is different for Windows and macOS. This article details the installation process for Kayako Desktop on macOS.
You require access to Administrator Account for macOS.
To install Kayako Desktop on macOS follow the steps below:
- Download Kayako Desktop for Mac.
- Open the file to launch the installer.
- On the Introduction screen, click the Continue button.
- On the License Agreement screen, click the Continue button and then the Agree button in the pop-up window that appears.
- On the Destination Select window, select the drive you want to install Kayako Desktop on, then click Continue.
- On the Installation Type screen, click the Install button to begin the installation process.
- Enter your computer's administrative password and click Install Software.
- The Summary screen should display the message: The installation was successful.
- Click the Close button to finish the installation.
- Go to the Applications folder and open Kayako Desktop.
- On the front page, click the Add an account button to connect to your GFI HelpDesk instance.
- In the Preferences window that appears, add a name for your account in the Account Name field.
- In the Help desk URLUniform Resource Locator is the address of a web page on the world wide web. field, enter the full URL for your support site, for example,
- In the User Name and Password fields, enter the credentials you use to login to your support site.
- Check the Auto-connect box, if you want KDFM to automatically log in to this account when you start.
- Click the Save button to add your account.
- Click the Close button in the upper right to close the Preferences screen.
- Click on the account you just added to connect to your GFI HelpDesk instance.
- If Kayako Desktop has connected to your support site successfully, you'll see the Online indicator in the upper-right.