KQL query to pull tickets created by staff with 'As a user' or 'Send an email' option
When creating a new ticket, the agent has the option of creating it 'As a user' or 'Send an email.' You may wonder if a report can be generated to show this data.
A KQL query can be generated to pull tickets created by staff with 'As a user' or 'Send an email' option. This article provides the steps on how to generate this report using a custom KQL query.
To generate the report:
- Log in to your GFI HelpDesk Staff Control Panel, that is, https://yourdomain.gfihelpdesk.com/staff.
- On the Staff Control Panel, go to Reports, and then click New Report.
- On the New Report form, type in the desired Title.
- On the Primary Source, select Tickets from the drop-down list.
- Select a Category of your choice.
- Click Next, and enter the following KQL query. SELECT 'Tickets.Ticket ID',
IF('Tickets.Creator' = 'User', 'As a User', 'Send an email') AS METHOD
WHERE 'Tickets.Creation Mode' = 'Staff Control Panel'
- Click the Run Report button.
The report should look like the one shown below. You may print, export, or schedule when to run this report as desired.