Introduction to building and running reports
Reports in GFI HelpDesk lets you access the huge amount of data in your helpdesk and turn that data into useful information.
This topic introduces you to how building and running reports are processed.
Accessing and Running Reports
- Login to the Staff Control Panel.
- Go to Reports on the top navigation bar. From here you can access all of your Helpdesk Reports, which can be searched, filtered by category or filter out the reports you have created.
- Click on a report title to edit, run, export or schedule the report.
- Click Run Report to process the report. The results of the report (if there are any) are rendered in a table.
- Click Schedule to let you specify how often the report should be sent to your email. The schedule (if successfully created) becomes available for editing or removal under the Schedules tab.
Although your GFI HelpDesk Helpdesk comes with a long list useful reports out-of-the-box, unlike other helpdesk reporting systems, GFI HelpDesk allows you to tweak and create your own, almost without limitation.
Kayako Query Language (KQL)
The syntax used to define a report. KQL is used to specify the data you want to include in your reports and how the data should be displayed. It is flexible and powerful, but still easy to grasp.
See Report Types for information on the types of report you can generate, and the KQL needed to process it.
To get started, simply place your cursor inside of the text editor and start with the first suggestion. You can use your mouse or arrow keys to make a selection. It's as easy as that!
Using Report Writer, you can create and modify reports without getting bogged down in syntax.
The Report Writer makes creating your own reports using KQL really simple. It checks what you type on-the-fly and automatically provides suggestions about what you may need to type next. In fact, the auto-completion and suggestions are so comprehensive that you can create reports using just your mouse or up and down arrow keys, so you could create a report without typing or knowing any syntax at all.
Report Writer checks your syntax for errors, providing specific error messages where possible.