Adding or updating your SSL for your GFI HelpDesk instance
If you are using GFI HelpDesk , once your DNS changes have taken effect and our team has added your SSL certificateSSL certificates are used to authenticate an identity on a server., you have to update the base URLUniform Resource Locator is the address of a web page on the world wide web. for your support site:
To install your certificate, you can follow the general guidelines or request help from your certificate issuer to get installed in Apache Server.
- Log into your Admin CP and keep the tab open to keep the session active.
- Go to your MySQL database.
- Run the following query (replace the URL accordingly):
SET data = 'https://[newURL].com' WHERE vkey = 'general_producturl'
- Rebuild your GFI HelpDesk cache by opening the following link in a browser (replace the URL accordingly):
- Open to your new base URL. The portal should be functioning correctly with the updated URL.