To deploy GFI LanGuard Agents on network computers:
1. Launch GFI LanGuard.
2. From the Home menu, select Manage Agents. Alternatively, click Configuration tab > Agents Management.
3. From Common Tasks, click Deploy Agents to select the target scan computers and click Next. Select one of the options described below:
4. If Custom option is selected, click Add new rule and select the Rule type described below:
Repeat step 4 for each rule. Once completed, click OK.
5. From Deploy Agents dialog, click Next.
6. (Optional) Select Authenticate using checkbox to specify alternate credentials.
|General||Configure the schedule for when GFI LanGuard automatically scans for new machines in the network perimeter where agents are enabled.|
|Audit Schedule||Configure how often the agent audits the host computer (where the agent is installed). Select the recurrence pattern, the time the audit will start and the scan profile to use.|
Configure GFI LanGuard to automatically download and install missing patches and service packs. Uninstall unauthorized applications on the scanned computers. For more information refer to Automatic Remediation.
8. Click Next and Finish to complete agent deployment.