Sorting email messages in Kerio Connect Client
In Kerio Connect Client, you can:
- Sort messages within individual folders using different criteria
- Sort received messages into different folders using rules you set up
In Kerio Connect Client, you can sort messages according to various criteria.
Kerio Connect Client remembers your preferences in each individual folder.
Preview pane on the right
- Go to a folder where you want to sort the messages.
- Click the Sorting icon in the bottom bar.
- Select how you want to sort the messages.
- To sort messages in the reverse order, repeat the same procedure. For example, if you sorted messages by date, with the most recent on top, click Date again to list them with the oldest on top.
Preview pane on the bottom or hidden
- To sort messages, click any header in the message list.
- To reverse the order, click the same header again.
Messages delivered to Kerio Connect Client are stored in the Inbox folder.
If you have additional folders, you can move messages in three different ways:
You can drag messages to another folder.
Use the context menu
New in Kerio Connect 8.5!
Right-click a message, click Move and select a destination folder.
Select the Move also future messages from checkbox to create a filter rule for messages from the same sender.
Create filters with various conditions to move them automatically.
To automatically sort messages into folders or forward them to another address, use filters.
The order of the filters is important (see Arranging the order of filters below).
- Click Tools > Settings (in Windows Client), or Kerio Connect > Settings (in Mac Client), or your name > Settings (in Web Client).
- In the Filters section, click New filter.
- Type a name for the filter.
- Set the conditions for the filter. Use a comma (,) or semi-colon (;) to separate multiple items (see Example 3 below).
- Set the action to be taken.
- You can also select the Skip other rules option (see below).
- You can edit the Sieve script of the rule by clicking on View Source > Edit Source.
- Click Save.
- Click your name in Kerio Connect Client and select Settings.
- In the Filters section, click New Filter.
- To display all filter settings, click the icon
- Set your filter(s).
- For each filter, you can also check the Skip other rules option (see below).
- Save your settings.
The order of filters is important. The filter at the top of the list is applied first.
You can drag & drop filters to sort the list.
If you check the Skip other rules option, no further filters are applied when the filter's action is executed.
See Example 1 below.
Click a filter to display it.
Double-click a filter to edit it.
To disable a filter temporarily, unselect the filter checkbox.
To delete a filter, click the Trash icon next to the filter name.
For Kerio Connect Client 8.4 and older, hover you mouse over a rule and click the edit or delete icons.
Mr. Powaro receives a message entitled Dept. meeting from Hector Mouse (email address email@example.com).
Kerio Connect checks the filters from 1 to 4:
- Filter 1 forwards messages with subject Press
firstname.lastname@example.org. As the subject is not
Press conference, this filter does not apply and Kerio Connect continues to filter 2.
- Filter 2 marks messages from
email@example.com read. As the sender is not
firstname.lastname@example.org, this filter does not apply and Kerio Connect continues with filter 3.
- Filter 3 moves messages from
Pathology department. This condition is met. The message is moved to folder Pathology department. In the filter 3 definition, the option Skip other rules is checked, so Kerio Connect applies filter 3 and skips the other filters.
Creating a filter for forwarding incoming messages to another address.
If you want to add multiple entries to an item, use a comma (
,), or a semi-colon (
Messages from the address
email@example.com which contain the words
invoice in the subject are moved to folder
Contract & Invoices.