In this type of Archive Store, the following information is stored:
- Archived email metadata - Stored in the SQL Server® database.
- Compressed email binary source - Stored in the SQL Server® database.
- Search indexA system that collects parses and stores data to enable fast and accurate information retrieval. entries - Stored on disk.
To backup an Archive Store:
1. From GFI Archiver, go to Configuration > Archive StoresA collection of email sources, email metadata and search indexes within GFI Archiver and click
2. Take note of the following information for quick reference:
3. Launch the Services management console from Start > Run and type ‘
4. Stop all GFI Archiver services.
5. Using the search index path determined in step 2, backup the Archive Stores’ search indexes, either by manually copying and pasting the search index folder or using a backup utility.
A maintenance plan can be created in SQL Server® to schedule periodic backups of the archive database.
7. Return to the GFI Archiver server and from the Services management console, restart all GFI Archiver services.