In this type of Archive Store, the following information is stored:
- Archived email metadata - Stored on disk.
- Compressed email binary source - Stored on disk.
- Search indexA system that collects parses and stores data to enable fast and accurate information retrieval. entries - Stored on disk.
To backup an Archive Store:
1. From GFI Archiver, navigate to Configuration > Archive StoresA collection of email sources, email metadata and search indexes within GFI Archiver and click .
2. Store the following paths for quick reference:
- Path to Firebird databaseAn open source relational database system.
- Path to email binary source
- Path to search index
Move pointer over the path to view the full path.
3. Launch the Services management console from Start > Run and type ‘
4. Stop all GFI Archiver services.
5. Using the paths determined in step 2, backup the Archive Stores’ database file, binary files and search indexes, either by manually copying and pasting the files in a backup location or using a backup utility.
6. From the Services management console, restart all GFI Archiver services.