Set a Microsoft® Exchange account
When GFI MailEssentials is installed on Microsoft® Exchange, a dedicated user must be created to use any one of these features:
- Deliver spam email to an Exchange mailbox sub-folder (required when installing on Exchange 2010 or newer versions only)
- Information Store Protection using EWS (not required when using VSAPI)
GFI MailEssentials can create this user and configure its permissions automatically or else create the user manually. For more information refer to http://go.gfi.com/?pageid=ME_SpamExch2010
Configure the dedicated user from the GFI MailEssentials Switchboard. To configure a dedicated user:
- Launch GFI MailEssentialsSwitchboard from Start > Programs > GFI MailEssentials > Switchboard.
- Select the Exchange account tab.
- Click Change....
- Select one of the following options:
- Click Finish to apply settings.
- Click OK.