Spam emails are not blocked
After installing GFI MailEssentials, spam emails are still delivered to the users mailbox.
There could be different causes for this issue.
Follow the checklist below to solve this issue:
- Check that GFI MailEssentials is not disabled from scanning emails. For more information refer to Disabling email processing.
- Check if all required filters are enabled. For more information refer to Anti-Spam filters.
- Check if local domains are configured correctly. For more information refer to Local domains.
- Check if emails are passing through GFI MailEssentials or if GFI MailEssentials is bound to the correct IISInternet Information Services SMTPSimple Mail Transport Protocol Virtual Server.
- Check if
%TEMP%location, which by default is the
C:\Windows\Temp, contains a lot of files. Delete all JET*.tmp files in this folder and the temp folder.
- Check if the number of users using GFI MailEssentials exceeds the number of purchased licenses.
- Check if whitelist is configured correctly. For more information refer to Whitelist.
- Check if actions are configured correctly. For more information refer to Spam Actions - What to do with spam emails.
- Check if Bayesian Analysis filter is configured correctly. For more information refer to Bayesian Analysis.
- Check the performance of DNSDomain Name System lookups. For more information refer to DNS Server Settings.
- Enable greylist filter. For more information refer to Greylist.
For more information how to solve this issue refer to http://go.gfi.com/?pageid=ME_SpamChecklist