The following are functions supported by the computer tree:
To filter for a specific computer or group:
1. From the left pane, click Filter.
2. Configure the criteria and click Turn ON filters.
To filter for a specific computer or group using advanced filtering:
1. From the left pane, click Filter and Advanced filtering...
2. From the Advanced Filtering dialog, click Add.
3. Select the filter property to restrict and click Next.
4. Select the condition and key in the condition value. Click Add.
5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 for each condition. Click OK.
To group machines by specific attributes:
1. From the left panel, click Group.
2. Click on one of the following tabs and select a specific attribute:
If Attributes is selected, select the attribute from the drop down list. For more information refer to Using Attributes.
3. If Attributes is selected, select the attribute from the drop-down list.
4. Click Apply grouping.
The Search tab within the Computers tree enables you to search and display results for a specific computer or group. To display results for a specific computer:
1. From the Computers tree, select Search.
2. Key in the search criteria and use the following options:
|Group results by information category||
Search results are grouped by category. The result contains the latest computer information. Amongst others results are grouped by:
|Group results by computer||Search results are grouped by computer name. The result contains the latest computer information.|
|Search History||Search results include the information from previous scans.|
Configure advanced search options.
This feature enables you to perform the following tasks:
- Add computers that are in Active directory but not yet in GFI LanGuard
- Move computers to the correct Organizational Unit (OU) in the GFI LanGuard computer tree
- Remove computers that have been deleted from Active Directory but are still present in GFI LanGuard
1. Right-click the computer tree to synchronize and select Synchronize with Active Directory.
2. If displayed, key in the domain credentials require to retrieve the domain's Organizational Units and click OK.
3. Click Next to start the synchronization process.
4. In the list of discovered computers, review the displayed list of changes that this process will do. This list shows where specific computers will be repositioned to which Active Directory Organizational Units. Click Next.
5. Review the list of computers that will be added to GFI LanGuard from Active Directory. Click Next.
6. Review the list of computers that are no longer present, or have been deleted from Active Directory. Click Sync.
7. On process completion, click Finish.