Gathering required information
Use this list prior to installing your Exinda Appliance to check that you have the requisite physical hardware and information to ensure a smooth installation.
- Inspect the package contents. The package contents vary slightly depending on the model. In general, the package includes the following items:
- 1 × Exinda Appliance
- 2 × Power Leads
- 1 × UTP Straight Cable (usually blue)
- 1 × UTP Crossover Cable (usually red)
- 1 × Serial Cable
- 1 × Quick Start Guide
- Determine the location of the appliance in your network. For more information refer to Deployment options.
- Collect all the information needed for system configuration. The initial configuration wizard requires the following:
- Host Name – A name you give the Exinda Appliance to refer to and remember it more easily.
- Ethernet Negotiation Settings – Any Ethernet negotiation settings with any particular equipment that connects the Exinda appliance, such as hard-coded Ethernet speed and duplex settings.
- IPInternet protocol Address and Netmask – An available IP address and netmask.
- Default Gateway – The default gateway IP address.
- DNSDomain Name Server Server(s) – At least one DNS server is required so the Exinda Appliance can resolve host names.
- SMTPSimple Mail Transfer Protocol Server – An SMTP server, if you wish to receive e-mail notifications from the Exinda Appliance.
- Time Zone – The time zone the Exinda Appliance will be in.