Connecting the appliance to the physical network
There are basic characteristics and behaviors of Exinda Appliances you should know prior to installation. For more information refer to Basic characteristics and behaviors of Exinda Appliances.
To physically connect an Exinda Appliance to a network, do the following:
- With the appliance powered OFF, install a crossover cable (red) between the Exinda's WANWide Area Network port (eth3) and the router/firewall.
- Install a straight-through cable (blue) between the Exinda LANLocal area network port (eth2) and the LAN switch.
- With the Exinda Appliance off, ensure connectivity through the appliance to ensure the Ethernet bypass is working.
- Install a straight-through cable (blue) between the Exinda management port 1 and the LAN switch.
- Plug in the power cord.
- Switch on the appliance and ensure that the NIC lights flash and traffic is passing through.
After installing the appliance, run the initial configuration wizard. For more information refer to Creating an initial configuration using the Basic Wizard.