Error 1920 during installation
The installation or upgrade of GFI Archiver fails and performs a rollback.
The following error is displayed:
Error 1920: Service GFI Archiver Import Service (MARMAIS) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
Files in the
temp folder are conflicting with the installation of GFI Archiver.
- Disable real-time scanning of anti-virus products or any other software scanning your machine real-time.
- Ensure that you do not have any software that automatically removes files from the
- Log in the machine with the Domain Administrator account.
- Disable or set exclusions for UAC. For more information refer to http://go.gfi.com/?pageid=DisableUAC
- Delete the contents of the
- Also, check the Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) permissions as explained in http://go.gfi.com/?pageid=mar_DCOMpermissions