Error Access Denied during installation
The installation of GFI Archiver is interrupted with one of the following errors:
- Setup failed to launch installation engine: Access is denied.
- Error installing Ikernel.exe: Access is denied.
Third-party software may be interfering with GFI Archiver installation files:
- Files in the
tempfolder are conflicting with the installation of GFI Archiver.
- UAC is enabled and blocking the GFI Archiver installer.
- Antivirus software is preventing the installation of GFI Archiver.
- Disable real-time scanning of anti-virus products or any other software scanning your machine real-time.
- Ensure that you do not have any software that automatically removes files from the
- Log in the machine with the Domain Administrator account.
- Disable or set exclusions for UAC. For more information refer to http://go.gfi.com/?pageid=DisableUAC
- Also, check the Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) permissions as explained in http://go.gfi.com/?pageid=mar_DCOMpermissions