Error 1720 during installation
The following error message is displayed while installing GFI Archiver:
Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows® Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
The Windows® Installer is out of date or some third-party file is interfering with the GFI Archiver installation files.
- Disable real-time scanning of anti-virus products or any other software scanning your machine real-time.
- Ensure that you do not have any software that automatically removes files from the
- Log in the machine with the Domain Administrator account.
- Disable or set exclusions for UAC. For more information refer to http://go.gfi.com/?pageid=DisableUAC
- Download and install the latest version of Windows® Scripting Host & Windows Installer for your Windows® Operating System from http://go.gfi.com/?pageid=mar_msdownloadcenter
- Ensure that the following Windows® technologies are installed correctly and not corrupt:
- Windows® Management Instrumentation (WMI)
- Windows® Installer
- Microsoft .Net Framework
- Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC)
- Ensure that the following system libraries located at
<Windows\System32>are correctly registered:
To register a library with the operating system, perform the following steps:
- Click Start and select Run
- Key in
cmd.exeand right-click Run as Administrator.
- Key in
regsvr32 <path & filename of dll>Example: