Step 1: Importing items from a remote computer
This section only applies when extracting items from a mailbox on a remote machine. If importing emails from the same machine where GFI Archiver is installed, skip this step.
- From the GFI Archiver machine, navigate to <GFI Archiver installation path>\MAISGFI Archiver Import Service\
- Share Pickup folder to give full read and write permissions to the remote machine from where the Import Export Tool is to run. To share a folder:
In Windows® Server 2008:
- Right-click Pickup folder and select Share…
- Specify the credentials under which the Import Export Tool will run and click Add.
- From the Permission Level drop-down list next to the added user, select Co-owner.
- Select Share and click Done.
In Windows® Server 2012/2016:
- Right-click Pickup folder and select Share with > Advanced sharing
- In the Sharing tab, click Advanced Sharing.
- Check the Share this folder checkbox.
- Click Permissions tab and specify the user credentials under which the Import Export Tool will run. Ensure Full Control is selected for the added user and click OK.
- Return to where GFI Archiver is installed and copy the
- Paste the folder
MarcImportExporton remote machine.
- Open command prompt with elevated privileges.
- Browse to the
MarcImportExportfolder on the local machine.
- Run the following command:
- Run MArcImportExport.exe.