Restoring the mailbox folder structure of moved emails
When emails are moved or copied from one database to another, the mailbox folder structure is lost. The mailbox folder synchronization process needs to be restarted to import the folder structure of moved emails.
- Re-synchronizing the mailbox folder structure requires a high amount of computer processing resources and can reduce the performance of the GFI Archiver server substantially.
- The folder structure of moved emails that were deleted from the Microsoft Exchange mailbox is permanently lost.
To resynchronize the folder structure:
1. From the GFI Archiver server, navigate to
<GFI Archiver installation folder>\Core\UMPolling\.
2. Delete all files of type .dat.
3. Navigate to Start > Run and type
4. Right-click GFI Archiver Core Service and select Restart.