Setting time conditions in auto attendant scripts
Time conditions are best explained in an example
When configuring auto attendant scripts, Bob encountered the following problem. The company management created a new quality department. The responsible person is Alice. Bob created a new extension for this department. Alice came to Bob complaining that dissatisfied customers are calling constantly and she does not even have time for lunch.
Bob knew that Alice needs an auto attendant script which respects her working hours. And how to do it?
- Bob created new time intervals for Alice’s working hours, her lunch break and also for public holidays.
- He created records for the following announcements:
- Hello. You are calling Live And Let Laugh Inc. We are having a delicious lunch at the moment. If you call after 1pm, we will gladly hear what you have to say. Talk to ya later!”
- “Hello. You are calling Live And Let Laugh Inc. We are off the clock at the moment. Please, call us on weekdays from 8am to 12pm or after lunch from 1pm to 6pm. We will gladly hear what you have to say. Talk to ya later!”
- “Hello. You are calling Live And Let Laugh Inc. Have a very merry holiday today. If you wish to make a complaint, call us on weekdays from 8am to 12pm or after lunch from 1pm to 6pm. We will gladly hear what you have to say. Talk to ya later!”
You can also use the Day/night mode to create time conditions without a specific time set. For more information refer to Using the Day/night mode in auto attendant scripts.
- In the administration interface, go to section Definitions > Time ranges.
- Add three new time ranges. Two ranges will be of the daily time
Working Hours. Both ranges will be valid on weekdays.
- The third range will be absolute. Add the first public holiday when
creating the range. Add also other public holidays and do not forget to add
them into the existing group
The script will follow this scheme:
If Holidays publicholidays.wav Else If Working hours If Lunch break lunchbreak.wav Else Action: Redirecting to Alice’s extension. Else offtheclock.wav
- In the administration interface, go to Auto Attendant Scripts.
- Add a new script, assign it extension 300 and add a description
Scripts for complaints desk).
- Create the first condition: Click Convert to Time
Condition. Double-click on the red link Set up the time
condition and in the Edit Time Condition
dialog, select range
Holidays. Save the settings.
- Now, edit the first part of the condition in dialog Add Auto Attendant Script. Double-click .
- In the Edit Menu dialog, type description
Holidaysand add a file with the announcement about a holiday. Set timeout to 5 second (this will suffice) and save the settings.
- Create the second condition: Select the icon and click Convert to Time Condition (thus the Working hours condition will be nested into condition Holidays). In the Description field, enter Working hours; in the For time range, select Working hours. Save the settings.
- In the Edit Auto Attendant Script dialog under the Working hours line, two new conditions appear.
- Create the third condition: Click and click Convert to Time Condition. In the For time range menu, select Lunch break. Save the settings.
- Double-click the last icon. In the Edit Menu dialog, type description Lunch break and add a file with the announcement about a lunch break. Set timeout to 5 second and save the settings.
- Double-click the icon (last but one in the scheme). In the Edit Menu dialog, type description Working hours (dial Alice). You can add an Announcement with information about redirecting to the Complaints department. Set Timeout to 1 second. In the Default action menu, select Dial extension number. Type Alice’s extension (211) in the Extension field and save the settings.
- Double-click the last condition (icon ). In the Edit Menu dialog, type description After Hours and add a file with the announcement that the Complaints department is close at the moment. Set timeout to 5 second and save the settings.
If you open the administration interface in Safari browser and you cannot play any recordings, read topic Cannot play voicemails or audio files in Safari.
The resultant script is displayed below.