Cannot play voicemails or audio files in Safari
Do you have any problem with playing voicemails or audio files in Kerio Operator administration or Kerio Phone? Playing of audio files via HTML5 is not possible when the SSLSecure Sockets Layer - A protocol that ensures integral and secure communication between networks. certificate of the hostname is not trusted.
Where it happens
It happens in:
- Safari on Apple Mac OS X systems,
- Safari on Apple iPhone,
- Safari on Apple iPad,
- Safari on Windows.
Use a certificate verified by a Certification Authority, or install a self-signed SSL certificate properly and mark it as trusted on your device.
In Safari on Windows you need a certificate verified by a Certification Authority. Self-signed certificates do not work.
How to set self-signed certificate as trusted on Mac OS X systems
- Type your Kerio Operator address to the Safari browser. SSL certificate warning appears.
- Click Show Certificate.
- Check Always trust.
- Click Continue.
- Enter administrator's username and password for authentication.
How to set self-signed certificate as trusted on Apple iPhone and Apple iPad
- Type your Kerio Phone address to browser. The login window appears.
- Tap on the Download SSL certificate link.
- Install the certificate.
This certificate will also be used for access to the administration interface too.