Web Client Printer Driver
The GFI FaxMaker Web Client Printer enables users to print documents on their machines before sending the fax using the Web Client. This ensures that file conversion processing on the GFI FaxMaker server is minimized. This also enables users to use native applications to print documents which cannot be converted on the GFI FaxMaker server. For example, users that have Adobe InDesign installed on their machines, can fax Adobe InDesign documents by printing documents to the GFI FaxMaker Web Printer.
How the Web Printer works
Install the Web Printer driver on client machine. To send a fax using the Web Printer:
- Print a document or file to the Web Printer, named FAXmaker.
- On completion, the printed content is uploaded to GFI FaxMaker and the GFI FaxMaker web interface is automatically loaded in a new browser window.
- Log in to the GFI FaxMaker web interface in the automatically loaded window.
- The Client is automatically launched with the printed document pre-populated in the attachments area. The attachment name is PreUploaded File.
- Proceed to fill in the message form and hit Send to transmit the fax.
The Web Printer cannot be installed on a machine where the GFI FaxMaker Client is already installed.
To download and install the Web Printer:
- Login to the GFI FaxMaker Web Interface.
- From the top menu bar, click to open the settings screen and select Client from the left pane.
- Under Web Printer Installer, read the terms and conditions, and if you agree choose I agree with the Web Printer Terms and Conditions. The Web Printer cannot be downloaded if you do not accept the terms and conditions.
- Click Download to start the download.
- On download completion launch the installer.
- Key in the GFI FaxMaker Server URLThe Uniform Resource Locator is the address of a web page on the world wide web.. This value is the same as the addressed used to access the web interface login page. For example,
https://fax.mydomain.com/FaxMaker. Click Test to verify.
- Click Install to start installation.
- Click Finish on install completion.
A new printer FAXmaker is now added to your list of printer devices.