Mailbox Restore permissions
The MailboxA directory or folder used for receipt, filing, and storing messages of emails. Restore tool provides you with the facility to restore emails archived within GFI Archiver Archive StoresA collection of email sources, email metadata and search indexes within GFI Archiver to a mailbox in Microsoft® Exchange Server.
The user executing the restoration of email needs to have the following permissions:
- Executable rights on the computer running the Mailbox Restore tool.
- Access to the emails archived in the GFI Archiver stores.
- Read/write access to the Microsoft Exchange Server mailbox.
To complete the restoration of email to a mailbox in Microsoft Exchange or Microsoft Office 365, the user running the process needs full access to the mailbox.
- Ensure that MAPIMessage Application Programming Interface is enabled for the destination mailbox. To enable MAPI run the following command in the Microsoft Exchange Shell, replacing username with the username of the mailbox to restore the emails:
Set-CASMailbox -Identity "Username" -MAPIEnabled $true.
- Ensure a public folder is available and the user has access to that public folder. For more information see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj651147(v=exchg.150).aspx
- Install the SSL certificate of OWAOutlook Web Access in the Trusted Root Certificate Authorities of the GFI Archiver server. For more information see https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd351044(v=exchg.150).aspx
To complete the restoration of emails to a mailbox in Exchange, the user running the process needs full access to the mailbox.
- Open the Microsoft Exchange Management Console
- Go to Recipient Configuration > Mailbox
- Right click the mailbox you want to restore emails to and select Full Access Permissions.
- Click Add... and select the user that should have full permission on this mailbox.
- Click Manage and then Finish to apply the changes.