Before you install
The following checklist ensures that you have all the necessary requirements in place before going through the installation process:
- Ensure that you are logged on as Administrator or using an account with administrative privileges.
- Install .NET Framework 4.0 or 4.5.
- Set up IIS (SMTP/World Wide Web Services). For more information refer to ASP.NET® settings.
- Enable .NET Framework 3.5. For more information refer to How to install/enable .Net 3.5 SP1 on Windows Server 2008 R2.
- If using Microsoft Exchange Server as your mail server, install Microsoft Exchange Server MAPIMessage Application Programming Interface Client and Collaboration Data Objects.
- Ensure screen resolution is 1024 x 768 or higher.
- Ensure ports used by GFI Archiver are free. For more information refer to Connections established from the GFI Archiver Server.
- Check that the machine on which you are installing GFI Archiver meets the system and hardware requirements specified in System Requirements.
- Ensure to enable IMAPInternet Message Access Protocol if installing on the Microsoft® Exchange Server 2007 or later Client Access Role.
- (Optional) Install Microsoft SQL ServerA Microsoft relational database management system.® or Microsoft SQL Server® Express. For more information refer to Choosing your database type.
- Save any pending work and close all open applications on the machine.
- Run the GFI Archiver installer to install GFI Archiver and missing pre-requisites. For more information refer to Installing GFI Archiver.
- Follow the post-install wizard to configure GFI Archiver and its operating environment. For more information refer to Post-install Wizard.
Ensure that the Display name and E-mail fields in Active DirectoryA technology that provides a variety of network services, including LDAP-like directory services.® or GFI Directory are filled with valid data.