Where should I install GFI Archiver?
Install GFI Archiver on any machine that meets the system requirements and is part of a domain. Before proceeding with the installation, first consider the details listed below:
- If all of the above details are considered not to be of significant issues then you can consider installing GFI Archiver on the mail server.
If you need to archive items from one Microsoft® Exchange Server, and the server is handling the email flow on your network and still has spare processing capacity, then you can consider installing GFI Archiver directly on the Microsoft® Exchange Server machine.
- If you want to archive items from multiple Microsoft® Exchange Servers using IMAPInternet Message Access Protocol, it is recommended that you install GFI Archiver on a separate server.
- GFI Archiver does not require a dedicated machine when it is not installed on the mail server.
- GFI Archiver can be installed in the following virtual environments:
- Microsoft Hyper-V® Server
Ensure that access to the server where GFI Archiver data is stored is restricted to authorized persons only.