Setting CLIP to the local fax line ID
This topic describes how to change the CLIPThe Caller Line Identity Presentation is used to identify the calling party's number. It is also commonly referred to as CLI (Caller Line Identity), CLID (Caller Line Identity Display), CND (Caller Number Display) or just Caller ID. values of outbound faxes to the Local Fax ID as configured in the fax line settings screen.
UseSenderFaxNumber is set, then the
UseLocalIdForClipkey is ignored, since
UseSenderFaxNumber takes precedence. For more information refer to Setting CLIP/TSID to sender's fax number.
- Before applying any changes, it is recommended to check how your PABXPrivate Automatic Branch Exchange and your telecommunications service providers handle custom CLIP and TSID values. Certain telephony systems or providers may override or block custom CLIP and TSID values.
- These customizations require changes to Windows registry. Problems may occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Do not edit the Windows registry unless you are confident about doing so.
- Open the Registry Editor on the GFI FaxMaker server.
- Navigate to the following folder:
- 32-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GFI Fax & Voice\FAXmaker\Config
- 64-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GFI Fax & Voice\FAXmaker\Config
- Create a DWORD value in this location called
- Change the value of the newly created
|0 (Default)||This is the default configuration, where the CLIP value is set to sender's fax number as configured in Active Directory or GFI Directory.|
|1||When set to 1, the CLIP value is set to the Local Fax ID as configured in the fax line settings screen.|
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Restart the Fax Server service from the Services applet to apply changes.