Appending a domain to CLIP
This topic describes how to append a custom domain name to the CLIPThe Caller Line Identity Presentation is used to identify the calling party's number. It is also commonly referred to as CLI (Caller Line Identity), CLID (Caller Line Identity Display), CND (Caller Number Display) or just Caller ID. value of outbound faxes. This is sometimes required by certain FoIPFax over Internet Protocol systems.
- Before applying any changes, it is recommended to check how your PABXPrivate Automatic Branch Exchange and your telecommunications service providers handle custom CLIP and TSIDThe transmitting subscriber identification is a string sent by the fax sender to the recipient which typically includes the fax or telephone number. values. Certain telephony systems or providers may override or block custom CLIP and TSID values.
- These customizations require changes to Windows registry. Problems may occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Do not edit the Windows registry unless you are confident about doing so.
To appending a domain to the CLIP value of outbound faxes:
- Open the Registry Editor on the GFI FaxMaker server.
- Navigate to the following folder:
- 32-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GFI Fax & Voice\FAXmaker\Config
- 64-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GFI Fax & Voice\FAXmaker\Config
- Create a STRING value in this location called
- Change the value of the newly created
AppendDomainToClipregistry key to the domain that needs to be appended with outbound fax CLIP numbers. For example, if the value is set to
example.comthen the CLIP of outbound faxes is set to
@symbol is automatically added by GFI FaxMaker.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Restart the Fax Server service from the Services applet to apply changes.