Rebuilding a search index enables you to rebuild indexes that you think are no longer returning the correct search results or became somehow corrupted.
- Rebuilding a search index might take several hours, depending on the amount of emails stored in the respective archive store.
- During an index rebuild, users will not be able to find emails in that archive store through the search feature.
- Rebuilding a search index impacts performance on the server, since this is a processor and hard disk intensive operation. It is recommended that this procedure is undertaken during off peak hours, for example after office hours.
- Always rebuild one index at a time for the reasons listed above.
1. Select Configuration tab and click Archive StoresA collection of email sources, email metadata and search indexes within GFI Archiver.
2. Select the Archive Store for which to rebuild the index and click Rebuild Index.