Use the Import Export Tool to export or restore emails in bulk. Through this tool, you can connect to a GFI Archiver installation, search the archived emails and export the required emails in one go. Export emails to the following destinations:
- Restore to a specific email address
- Download to a folder on disk in .eml or .msg format
- Download to a PST fileA file used to store local copies of email, calendar events, contacts and other items within Microsoft Office Outlook..
The export feature in the Import Export Tool is useful to export a set of emails that match specific search criteria, for example, to provide emails to satisfy a litigation support request.
The export process exports a copy of the emails and does not remove the original emails from the Archive StoresA collection of email sources, email metadata and search indexes within GFI Archiver.
To export emails using the Import Export Tool:
1. Navigate to Start > Programs > GFI Archiver > GFI Archiver Import Export Tool.
2. From the Export Data from GFI Archiver area, click Download emails from GFI Archiver.
3. In the Login Credentials area:
- In the GFI Archiver URL field specify the URL used to connect to GFI Archiver.
- Select Login as Current User to login using the credentials of the logged on user or select Use Other Credentials to login using another username and password.
- Click Verify Connection to confirm that a connection can be established to the GFI Archiver URL using the specified credentials.
4. Click Next to continue.
5. Select the type of search from the following options:
|Entire mailbox||Search for all emails in a particular mailbox.|
|Emails containing specific words||Search for emails that include particular words in subject, body and/or attachment.|
|Emails with specific search criteria||Search for emails stored in a particular Archive Store, in a particular mailbox or emails that contain a particular tag.|
6. Click Next to continue.
7. Depending on the type of search selected in the previous step, specify the search criteria as follows:
8. Click Find to show all matching emails. To export the returned emails click Next.
After you perform a search, you might need to review particular emails from the result set to check that they actually contain what you are looking for. Double-click on the email to view. The GFI Archiver Bulk Export tool loads the email in a separate window.
9. Select how to export the emails:
|Restore to the following email address||
Select this option to export emails to a mailbox. Specify the email address and select the method how to send the emails:
|Download to path||
Export emails to a location on disk. Key in the path or click Browse to select the folder where to export the emails. Select the format how to export the emails in .eml or .msg format.
|Download to PST||
Export emails to a Microsoft Outlook® PST file. Key in the path or click Browse to select the pst file where to export the emails. To maintain the folder structure of exported emails, check Retain folder structure.
10. Click Next to start the export process.
11. When the export process completes, click Finish.
The duration of the export process depends on the amount of emails to export.