Setting up Multi-Server
Configuring the GFI MailEssentials Multi-Server feature is a multi-stage process:
- Plan your Multi-Server installation - See which GFI MailEssentials servers will form part to the GFI MailEssentials Multi-Server setup and which one will be designated as the master server. If synchronizing the reporting and quarantine data, also decide which computer will be the Reporting and Quarantine host.
- Install GFI MailEssentials on all the computers - All computers within the GFI MailEssentials multi server installation must have the same version and build of GFI MailEssentials installed on them. We recommend upgrading to the latest version of GFI MailEssentials. For more information refer to Getting Started with GFI MailEssentials.
All GFI MailEssentials machines in a multi-server environment must have their IP address listed in the Perimeter SMTP Server Settings. This ensures that emails processed by a GFI MailEssentials server are not reprocessed by another server. For more information refer to Perimeter SMTP Server Settings.
- Open firewall ports 9095 & 9096 - These TCP ports are used for communications between GFI MailEssentials servers that are joined to the Multi-Server network. Ensure that the master and all salve servers can communicate together via these ports.
- Configure the Master Server - The master server is tasked with synchronizing the data within the GFI MailEssentials Multi-Server environment. For more information refer to Configuring the master server.
- Configure Slave Servers - Slave servers are members of the multi-server environment. Slave servers get the synchronized configuration settings from the master server and other peers in the multi-install network. A slave server may also be the Reporting and Quarantine host. For more information refer to Configuring a slave server.
- Configure which configuration settings to sync - GFI MailEssentials provides you with the facility to sync either all the configuration settings or a set of configuration settings. For more information refer to Configuring the settings to synchronize.
- Configure Reporting and Quarantine sync - Synching the Reporting and Quarantine data enables you to centralize all your reporting to a single location as well as enables you to have a single location your quarantined emails are stored. For more information refer to Configuring Reporting and Quarantine data centralization.