GFI EventsManager can be installed on any computer which meets the minimum system requirements irrespective of the location on your network. If you want to collect event logs from Microsoft® Windows® Vista or later operating systems, GFI EventsManager must be installed on a machine running Microsoft® Windows® Vista, 7, Server 2008 or later.
Use GFI EventsManager to manage event logs generated by:
- The same computer where it is installed
- All the servers, workstations and network devices that are reachable from the computer on which it is installed on.
This section contains information about deploying GFI EventsManager in a:
- Local Area Network (LAN) - Monitor activity of the main production network, servers and workstations
- Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) - Monitor events generated by public service servers, such as mail servers, web servers and DNS servers
- Wide Area Network (WAN) - Monitor events generated by computers and network devices spread across different geographical locations.