Disabling User Account Control (UAC)
When GFI EventsManager is configured to collect events using a local account target machines must have User Account Control (UAC) disabled. To disable UAC on Microsoft® Windows® Vista machines or later:
1. Click Start > Run, key in secpol.msc and press Enter.
2. From Security Settings, expand Local Policies and click Security Options.
3. Right-click User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode and select Properties.
4. From the Local Security Settings tab, select Enabled and click OK.
5. Close the Local Security Policy window.